Class of 2024: 8th Grade Panther Package!
8th Graders join the Panther Package! Monthly online payment option available! All forms MUST be completed and submitted to the Activities Office. Click here for details!
- 2020 Visions Yearbook
- 8th Grade Class Shirt
- 8th Grade Class Hoody
- Busch Gardens Trip
- 8th Grade Prom Ticket
Payments: $45 per month (Sept. - Dec.)
A student’s 8th Grade year is filled with memorable activities before students go off into high school. Somerset Academy plans extracurricular activities in the hopes of making 8th Grade year is one of the most memorable year for students. Participation in these extracurricular activities is a privilege and a student’s invitation to attend may be revoked for any of the following reasons:
- Absences 10 or more unexcused absences per semester
- Tardies 20 or more tardies to school
- Finances Any outstanding obligations prior to the event
- Misconduct Placed in Indoor/Outdoor suspension or misbehavior at school (participation will be based on Administration’s discretion/number of infractions)
- Grade Point Average (GPA) Failure to maintain a 2.0 average (unweighted) in the 8th grade in the first 3 Quarters.
- Promotion Criteria Participation in the 8th Grade Events is contingent upon meeting all 8th Grade Promotion Criteria by the end of the 3rd Quarter. If not met, student will NOT participate in Prom nor the End of the Year Trip (ex. missing credits, in course recovery, etc.)
*4th Quarter grades/course completion status will NOT be considered in the decision to participate in these events. ALL CRITERIA MUST BE MET BY THE END OF THE 3rd QUARTER. If not met, the student will be removed from the 8th Grade Panther Package (will receive a refund for unattended events) or will NOT be allowed to purchase tickets for Prom and/or End of the Year Trip.
CLARIFICATION: Students need to minimally earn 4 cumulative grade equivalent points in each of their 8th Grade Core Courses by the end of the 3rd Quarter in order to participate in 8th Grade Events. (GPA Equivalent Points: A = 4, B = 3, C = 2, D = 1, F = 0)
I have read the above requirements and understand that failure to comply will jeopardize my participation in any 8th Grade extracurricular activity. Participation in 8th Grade Activities will be based on Administration’s discretion